Low Maximum Speed

« Older   Newer »

1. johnny_hellas

User deleted

First of all, I'd like to give my Hellenic regards to the Italian Forza community!

I own a Honda Forza EX 250 ABS. I have totally 4000Km and I'm quite satisfied with it.
    Great driving sense, excellent breaks, good fuel consumption (3lt/100Km).

I have one great problem with its performance though :(
    The maximum speed cannot exceed the 115Km/h....:( :cry:

Not many Forzas are sold in Greece and nobody was able to help me!
    I saw that the maximum velocity announced in this forum is 130~140Km/h.

Do you Italians improve your scooters or something is wrong with mine? What can I do? :unsure:

Please help!!!! Many thanks in advantage!

2. MomoRm

User deleted

Hi, you're welcome in this community. I've no easy answer at hand to your issue. Maybe your scooter just needs to "warm up". Keep driving it and let us know...

3. johnny_hellas

User deleted

Firstly thanks for the welcoming!

Secondly, I 'will give it some time trying to speed it up in small trips in order to tell you more info.
    I just wanted to know if you use to improve your scooters, because 115km/h against 135km/h is a great difference for 250cc scooter.

We'll be in touch!

Many thanks again!

4. lukem

User deleted

wich windscreen is installed? a short one or the honda after-market, long?

magneto and titanium man

Group

Status
    luk....my bald-horse runs at 120-130 with or without windscreen !!!!

it's not a problem ... i think ... about the windscreen

but something else...you tried to go hight (non so come si dica: STIRARE LE MARCE !!!) in MANUAL MODE?

6. lukem

User deleted

I can imagine that, if our new friend is coming from Greece, and as far as I know, Greece is more windy than Italy.
    With the Viganò windscreen I could hardly reach the speed of 120..... waiting a lot of time.
    If the Forza is also still new, these two things togheter can give you the solution.....

7. solenero2

User deleted

i jhonny we are pleased to have you here.....may be you can increase your forza's performance by changing the "variatore" look to this link (also other items are good to improve performance but are not cheaper and is very difficult to mount it)

http://www.malossi.com/Catalogo/Cata_Main....&CodArt=5112942

Also some italian forza has the same "problem" We see that thera are 2 kind of Forza. One slower that cant perform max 120-125 km/h and others that can perform 135-140 km/h.these last ones have a wrost fuel consumtion. in fact your have a very good fuel saving.

magneto and titanium man

Group

Status
    sole...ha un EX ... non puo' montare il variatore

per quello che mi stupivo del 115 ... se avesse avuto l' X e con il parabrezza abnorme, 115 era la velocita' giusta...ma ha l' EX !

9. solenero2

User deleted

azz.......bizio hai ragione...ho letto di fretta il post iniziale....

ehi jhonny....dont worry....i believed you own an forza X......so you cant fit that device who i wrote before...sorry

10. jackfree

User deleted

My Forza drives till 135 km/h but I didn't change nothing! Absolutely NORMAL, no different spare parts (except "Ermax" windscreen).

In my opinion could be a whole of factors reducing (or improving) performances of your scooter: windscreen, kind of streets you usually drive (don't forget the you need a quite long street to reach maximum speed...moreover Forza is a scooter not a bike :D :D ) and last but not the list your first 1000 km running-in (actually I consider it the most important! :B): ;) ).

Probably you just have to push more your Forza in order to make the engine looser!

Try with 300 up to 500 kms pushing more and tell us the result!

Bye!

11. lukem

User deleted

I do agree with Jack!

12. johnny_hellas

User deleted

Hello to all Italian Forza fellows!:) I'm astonished with the interest you all showed to a foreigner problem!
    Moreover I'm very glad to find so many Forza drivers to change opinions and experiences...
    In Greece there are too little Forza (you see it cost us 7.300Euro, with which you can buy a 500cc scooter)

Anyway, I'll try to answer all your questions and give some info in order to help me with my problem!

1) [lukem]: I have installed the Honda Genuine windshield coded 08R80-KSV-801A (540mm height)

2) I have tried the maximum with both automatic (D and S mode) and manual mode. No difference!:(

3) [solenero2]: I definitely have the Forza EX, not X. As for the 2 kinds of Forza, I can't get neither 120~125Km/h nor 135~140Km/h.:(

4) [bizioweb]: My friend, please write in English, I don't speak Italian. Sorry:(

QUOTE (jackfree @ 17/9/2007, 22:06)
    . . . and last but not the list your first 1000 km running-in (actually I consider it the most important! :B): ;) ).

Probably you just have to push more your Forza in order to make the engine looser!

Try with 300 up to 500 kms pushing more and tell us the result!

Bye!

During the first 1.000Km I tried to drive it conservatively. I never exceeded the 5500rev/min.

Now with 4.000Km I speed it for 5~6Km continuously but 115Km/h is the maximum I can get!

I hope I helped you so you can help me. Again, many many thanks for your response!

Hope to have more news:D

13. jackfree

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    During the first 1.000Km I tried to drive it conservatively. I never exceeded the 5500rev/min.

Here is the problem! ;)

Try pushing more for 300-up to 500 km ....... I'm sure the performances will increase.

;)

For Bizioweb:

ma è possibile che te devi fa cazzià sempre eh???? Stai punito! 1 mese senza FORZA! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by jackfree - 18/9/2007, 18:32

14. johnny_hellas

User deleted

QUOTE (jackfree @ 18/9/2007, 13:32)
    Here is the problem! ;)
    Try pushing more for 300-up to 500 km ....... I'm sure the performances will increase.
    ;)

Well, to tell you the truth, I thought that by not pushing the engine during the first 1000Km, I would protect the engine and avoid mulfunctions in the future. :unsure:
    It seems my Forza became lazy as it got used not to be pushed:(

Anyway, I'll try to speed it more and see what will happen. I'll let you know, I just hope it's not too late to wake it up...

Thanks for bothering! :)
    Ciao ragazzi;)

PS:This summer I saw on the highway a group of Italians scooterists(Scarabeo 500cc) here in Greece. I liked the idea!
    If you ever decide to have holidays in Greece, I would be delighted to meet you, and maybe go on a ride alltogether...

magneto and titanium man

Group

Status
    jack...without my bald horse i can't live!!!

johnny ... my italian phrase was a direct to an italian man 'cause he falls in error thinking you're a "X type" owner!

greece in FORZA??

here in Rome we can't organize a meeting in Rome !!!

27 replies since 17/9/2007, 11:48   1973 views