Need help with my new scooter

« Older   Newer »

1. Andrįs

User deleted

Dear Community!

I have yet again come here to ask some questions regarding my 2005 Forza.

I am planning to buy some new tires, how do these sound:
    Front: Metzeler FeelFree 110/90 - 13 M/C 56P TL
    Rear: 130/70 - 12 62P REINF TL

The front tire should be 55P, but FeelFree only comes in 56P for this size. Does this matter?

I want to check the mounting of the front windshield (it shakes on idle). Where can I find a guide on how to do this? The manual I have does not write anything about it.

I will have a mechanic change the coolant, can anyone tell me where the coolant drain is located?

Best regards
    Andrįs

2. andrearm

User deleted

Hi! Ok for FeelFree (but FeelFree Wintec are better on wet roads and cold temperature, and very good on dry/hot road)

56P is better than 55P, it means that you can put an higher load on that tire

I can't help you with coolant change, sorry...

3. Andrįs

User deleted

Dear Community!

Since it is winter and I have nothing better to do, I started to take apart my scooter to fix a broken plastic piece. During this process I noticed a rubber pipe near the rear suspension and do not know what it is for.

Can anyone identify it and tell me it's purpose? I found a little "shaft" I was able to put it in and it seems to fit nicely. Is it supposed to be like that or should I not put it there?

I also checked the air filter, which turned out to be really dirty. Is there a recommended aftermarket filter I should get to replace this one?

Please check the attached image for clarification.

EDIT: Forgot to ask one question; How to remove the front windshield? I found to screws on the front, which I removed, but the front plastic cover would still not come off. Any other screws or is there a trick to this?

Edited by Andrįs - 12/1/2014, 23:12
    Attached Image
    Untitled

4. andrearm

User deleted

Hi Andrąs, I found that pipe on exploded view - www.lingshondaparts.com - of your 2005 Forza and I think it's a pipe to eject a possible excessive pressure in the chamber of transmission gears

air filter? absolutely AFTERMARKET, if you can find it

lid of windshield come out "simply" pulling it out with all the power you have on your hands! but paying attention to all the clips in the edge of the lid...you can gently pry with a plastic object, such as a small spatula, turning around the edge

it's better to do this operation in a warm site, not in a cold garage, because in the cold you risk to break some clip...you can also try to heat the edge of the lid with an hair dryer if the wheather is cold

Edited by AndreaRM - 14/1/2014, 09:32

5. Andrįs

User deleted

Hello

I put that pipe in the hole as seen on the second picture, because it was just hanging there. At speed, the wind could drag it inside the wheel, damaging the pipe. Anyone with the same model can confirm how this pipe should be?

My windshield is held in place with a bunch of screws. I can see them through the gap between the windshield and front plastic cover. I would really appreciate a guide on how to remoev that front cover.

I tried to look for aftermarket air cleaner, but did not find the right type yet. Will keep looking :)

6. madalinpaun

User deleted

Hello guys.
    What type of oil should I use in the finnal drive of a Honda Forza NSS250 EX (MF06) from 2006 with ABS ?
    I'm searching the WEB for a while now and it seems impossible to find a workshop manual for this model. The truth is that it have been sold for only 3 years . . .
    Any ideas ?

Sua graziosa Maestą

Group
    Administrator

Status
    It's not really easy to find the operating manual: there are some sites that needs registration to download. Try to google "nss250ex service manual". Good luck.

8. madalinpaun

User deleted

Thanks for fast reply "robisc", I have tryed in many diffrent ways but always notghing. Indeed i found somme sites that are asking for money but it seems to me that the sell me nothing but crap.
    Every time I search with diffrent words, I found the same results from the same sites formulated exacly as I have wroted. Is like the manual name is every time, exactly the way I name it.

Thank you anyway.

I'll try to speak with a Honda dealer to see if they can help me. In my area this particular model of scooter was not very popular and the honda shops looks at it as a enigma. . .

Sua graziosa Maestą

Group
    Administrator

Status
    At least you can easily find the service manual of NSS250 Reflex (aka Jazz, in Europe): some parts are the same.

10. madalinpaun

User deleted

Honda Reflex manual is saying that W90 oil should be used, but online i found only suggestions to use 75W90.
    I have acces to both from Castrol.
    What type should I use ?

Sua graziosa Maestą

Group
    Administrator

Status
    I'm sorry but i ignore the answer. Hope someone could help you. However i know that for Honda Forza 250 it's better to use an oil with STANDARD JASO T 903 MB .

25 replies since 30/4/2013, 10:13   497 views